CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Diary of an Englishman







Dear Diary










Day 1














If you look very closely I lived in the bottom part of 15 area under the 13 which you could see pretty well. Also the worst thing happened to our group and all of our other groups the Patriots told us to leave America or become a Patriot and a traitor to the King. Since we took an oath we stayed loyal to the King and Britain so the Patriots kicked us out of America. The Patriots brought some other Loyalists to our camp and told us to follow the map up to Canada were we will be free. I didn't know why they did this to us they had no right my grand dad lived here and so did my father so I should to but our group had no guns or weapons to fight them to change their minds about letting us stay.













(Day 2)





The next day we got our things and we started to go and see a beautiful country called Lower Canada but I will miss America because I was living there for a long time and just all of a sudden they want us to get out of the country or betray our King and the Crown don't they know we took an oath that we won't disobey them. It was getting dark and my legs were starting to hurt because we were walking so much. My group was tired and so was, so we took a little break. When we were sitting down I was watching a guy in our team burning something and I pictured us burning on the way because the Patriots send some guys to kill us all or some of the other people in Canada might kill us. We slept and where we slept was if you look on the map we made it to the top of 15.




(Day 3)




It was very awful for us because 4 people died and those people were very good at cutting wood up and make it a campfire but now they are dead we have to do it. The people that died were 2 kids, 1 woman, 1 man. The bad thing was that they were a family and the way they died was because another guy in our group who was by himself and had lots of food didn't share any. So the husband was asking for food because one of their kid was a little bigger than the other kids so he ate a lot so the dad went to ask the guy but he didn't give any but I gave a little but in the night he died and so did the other kid because I forgot to give food to him and he didn't eat anything that day so he died and the mom and dad were so upset and so mad at us that they killed them selves. It was very upsetting and none of us got a good night sleep and the place we slept was in the bottom part of 13.




(Day 4)




The next day we buried them and we said some stuff about them but we didn't use their names because we didn't know their names. After we were done that we started to again but it was getting dark but we said we will go a little further ahead then stop and the reason is that we didn't walk today because we were digging a hole for the family and then put all it back. It took us a long time because we didn't have any tools so we couldn't do it fast. We set up our tents and we had a good long sleep because I went to bed before the other because they were eating their food but I told my family not to eat that day because our food pack was low so we kept it and they went to sleep to and were we slept.



(Day 5)



Today was the worst day to be walking because it was foggy and you couldn't see anything. Also my son was really tired which made it worse because I had to give him a piggyback ride. The good news was that we were close to Lower Canada but it was going to take another 2 days to get there or I think that is the amount to get there. My wife was getting sick and we didn't know what to do. Suddenly a person in the group called out and said" I think can help". The man just came and threw some water on my wife and she was okay and also she drank some and then she was normal.


(Day 6)


Today was a good day because nothing went wrong and no one got sick or died and the best thing is that when we were passing by a city a guy gave us food. After that we continued but we stopped after an hour and we ate some of it but we saved it for later when we were sitting down I was wondering if the British Colonists didn't like us and they decided to kick us out to then where would we live and how would I support my family but I was keeping hope and was thinking that they are good people and we will have a good life there.


(Day 7)

It was a miracle me and my family made it to Lower Canada and none of us died but I kept thinking about the Colonists in Upper Canada and how will they be. Some of the people went their separate ways and I think that they want to go to Nova Scotia because that is the way that they were going. Except my family and some other people went with us and where we were going was Quebec. When we got there people were looking at us and thought what should we do with these people. Well that is what I thought but I was wrong because they were very nice and every one of us were greeted very nicely. Good thing we moved here because here it is way better. My family and I were living in a nice house and every one was happy.



P.S: After we got there here is where I lived. If look very closely I lived in Trois-Rivireres





0 comments: